Statement of Commitment
Prince of Wales Hotel Proserpine is committed to protecting the personal information entrusted to us. Prince of Wales Hotel Proserpine has a strong commitment to maintaining the security and integrity of personal information within our care. We endorse the Australian Privacy Principles contained within the Privacy Act 1988.
Give individuals a better understanding of the sort of personal information that Prince of Wales Hotel Proserpine holds and the way we handle that information.
Clearly communicate the personal information handling practises of Prince of Wales Hotel Proserpine.
Enhance the transparency of Prince of Wales Hotel Proserpine’s operations.
Personal information is information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identified whether the information or opinion is true or not, and whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material format or not.
Prince of Wales Hotel Proserpine respects the rights of individuals to determine to whom they give their personal information and how their information is used.
Our customer’s privacy is very important to us and we will value the trust you place in us in giving us your personal information. We take these responsibilities seriously and we are committed to safeguarding your information and using it for the purpose for which you have entrusted it to us.
What information we collect
We collect a range of information from our customers that is directly related to the products and services you choose. Where we wish to use the information for other purposes we will seek your agreement beforehand.
The kind of information we collect can include:
- Name, contact details, location, demographic information.
- Information from browsers when you visit our websites, such as server address, domain name, the pages you visited, the page you came from, the type of browser and selected information for statistical purposes.
Using Personal Information
We use personal information to better understand our customers’ interests and needs, to complete transactions and orders and to offer an ever-improving quality range of products.
We use personal information in the following ways:
- Provide, deliver, source, administer, improve and personalise our products and services.
- Enable our third party service providers with IT products and services, carry out product reviews, data processing, data analysis, business consulting auditing, archiving, printing, delivery and mailing services.
- Provide more relevant marketing offers through direct marketing, database compilation, market research, data analysis, and the processing or creation of other marketing information
- Communicating with customers and responding to queries.
- Fraud prevention and credit checks.
- Develop and expand our operations to better suit our customers’ needs, such as planning for future products and services.
- Maintaining and keeping our customers’ information current and as accurate as possible.
We do not disclose personal information to third parties unless we are permitted to do so by law or you have given us your consent to do so.
Third parties we may disclose personal information to include:
- Our related companies and business partners.
- Our service providers, including major delivery companies, mail houses and third party fulfillment contractors, e.g. Facebook, Google, LinkedIn.
- Government agencies.
We take active steps to protect the personal information we hold against loss, unauthorised access or use, modification or disclosure, and against other misuse.
Prince of Wales Hotel Proserpine Website
The enquiry portal through the website is designed to be as simple as possible, while still providing security and privacy for your details.
Email subscription list
We currently have an electronic direct marketing (eDM) email list which provides marketing offers to subscribers. If you elect to subscribe to our eDM, these services will be provided to you to communicate product information, special events and offers. Our email subscription list is an ‘opt-in’ system. You may unsubscribe easily by clicking in the unsubscribe link that appears in all our marketing communication to you.
We will never knowingly send you electronic messages without your consent.
For more information on the Spam Act 2003 please visit http://www7.austlii.edu.au/cgi-bin/viewdb/au/legis/cth/consol_act/sa200366/
You may opt-out of the collection and use of information for ad targeting by viewing our website in incognito mode and/or contacting us at email@example.com
Additionally, you may alter your online preferences at http://www.youronlinechoices.com.au/opt-out/.
It is important to note that If you choose to turn off online behavioural advertising you will still see advertising on the internet. However, it does mean that the advertising you see on websites may not be tailored to your likely interests or preferences on the web browser you are currently using.
Queries Complaints Access and Correction
You have a right to request access to your personal information held by us and to request its correction. If you wish to do so please use the contact details below.
If we have not responded to you within a reasonable time, you are entitled under the Privacy Act to make a complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.